This page contains all the information you need about your home. If you rent with us, you can make online payments, log a repair online and much more.
Your rights and responsibilities
You have a right to a peaceful home that is in good condition. You have a right to a say in how we deliver services to you and to tell us when you are not happy about something we do. In return, we ask that you:
- Pay your rent, even if you get help from benefits
- Keep your home and garden clean and tidy
- Report repairs, faults or damage
- Not cause a nuisance, nor allow visitors to annoy neighbours
- Ask us before you make any changes to your home
- Arrange for your home contents to be insured
- Decorate internally according to your tenancy agreement
Your will receive a copy of your contract (previously known as a tenancy agreement) when you sign for your new home and this is the legal contract between you and Caredig.
Important news about the Right to Buy and Right to Acquire
The Act abolished the Right to Buy (including the Preserved Right to Buy and Extended Right to Buy) and the Right to Acquire in Wales on 26 January 2019. The Welsh Government’s stated purpose of the Act is to safeguard Wales’ social housing stock for people who are unable to acquire homes through the housing market. It considered that this approach was based on the sustainable development principle of the Well-being of Future Generations (Wales) Act 2015 and will also encourage local authorities and housing associations to invest in new social housing.
You can read more about this here.