Adapting your Home

We want to support you to stay independent for as long as possible in your own home. If your level of mobility changes, we may be able to help you with Physical Adaptation Grants provided by Welsh Government. This funding can help to fund bathroom adaptations, stair lifts, ramps and rails etc.

To be eligible for a grant you would need a written referral from an Occupational Therapist (OT) outlining the adaptations that you require.

For further information and guidance on how to apply please contact us on 0800 435223.

new fha van

Cyclical maintenance

This is work we undertake to maintain the general condition of our properties. It is undertaken every seven years and includes:

  • External redecoration of your house or block of flats
  • Internal decoration of communal areas e.g. stairwells and entrance halls
  • We do not paint the inside of your home.

Planned Improvements and WHQS

Family Housing have to maintain the quality of our homes according to Welsh Housing Quality Standard  (WHQS), a national standard of quality for homes set by the Welsh Government.

As your home gets older we may need to replace or improve items such as bathrooms, kitchens and double glazing to make sure they reach that standard.

We carry out a Stock Condition Survey to predict when these may need to be replaced and the cost of doing this.

We plan every year which of our homes will receive replacement or improvement works, based on their age and condition. If your home is due for work we will let you know what we are planning and when it is likely to happen.

What if I want to make my own Improvements?

You have the right to carry out certain improvements within your home, as long as you receive written permission from us first. Please contact us on 0800 435223 to get more information.