Services For You

Caredig provides a wide range of housing solutions for single people, families, older people and people who need support to maintain their tenancy. These services include benefits and money advice, support around anti-social behaviour, homelessness advice, guidance services and much more.

Caredig has formed partnerships with a wide range of statutory and voluntary organisations to provide specialist housing and additional support services. We have formal agreements in place with these organisations, but the majority of our specialist schemes are directly managed by us.

Smart Meter Roll Out

Smart meters are the newest generation of gas and electricity meters.

Together with their accompanying in-home displays, a smart meter will help you keep track of the energy you use in your home, and will cut out the need for meter readings. By providing information about your energy use, these devices can help you to make informed decisions to manage your energy costs. The UK Government plans for every home and business in the UK to have a smart meter for electricity and gas by the end of 2020.

Nurse or female volunteer delivers groceries to a senior adult woman at her home.  The Latin descent woman carries a grocery bag full of fresh fruits and vegetables to the mature woman who is unable to leave her home due to illness.  The woman is grateful for the delivery.

Rental Exchange

Tenants of social housing landlords, such as Caredig, often find it difficult to get affordable credit. This can be because they have little or no credit history. Because of this, they often can't take advantage of interest-free credit or have to pay higher than normal interest rates. They may even have to use PayDay loan companies or other lenders.

Caredig have arranged with the credit reference agency Experian that rent payments can be used as evidence of a tenant's ability to make regular payments, and this can improve their credit rating. Caredig will share your rental payment information with Experian on a regular basis – this is called the “Rental Exchange”.


Home Insurance

Content Insurance

Thistle Insurance Services Ltd provide the My Home Contents Insurance Scheme, underwritten by Allianz Insurance plc. This is specifically tailored to Social Housing tenants in Wales.


The My Home Contents Insurance Scheme is an affordable and flexible scheme designed to protect our tenants against a whole range of risks.

Some of the benefits to our tenants include flexible pay as you go payment options, no excess, new for old cover, no minimum security requirements and there are no administration or cancellation fees.

And now the application process is even easier for our residents to apply. Using the links below the application and direct debit forms can be downloaded and emailed to or returned via Freepost to: Freepost THISTLE INSURANCE (no address and no stamp required).

The Area 1, 2 & 3 links, will show what the rate would be for that postcode area.

For any further assistance, they can call the Helpline on: 0345 450 7288 or see the website