From December 1st 2022 the way you rent your home is changing
The Renting Homes Act is the biggest change to housing law in Wales for decades. It will change the way all landlords rent their homes to improve how homes are provided, managed and lived in across Wales.
The Act gives greater clarity on the rights and responsibilities for both tenants and landlords through written contracts. This is currently known as a tenancy agreement. In addition, the Act will standardise tenancy agreements.
Under the new law:
- Caredig will be known as a Community Landlord
- A Tenant will now be called a Contract Holder
- Tenancy Agreement will change to an Occupation Contract
- There will be two types of contracts – Secure and Standard
- It will merge multiple housing legislations into one legal framework
- The Act will simplify and improve customers rights
- On December 1st 2022, every tenant in Wales will automatically be moved to the new contract
If you would like to know more information about the Renting Homes Act 2016, click this link: https://gov.wales/housing-law-changing-renting-homes