Warm Home Discount
You might be eligible for a warm home discount that will give you a one-off payment of £140 off your electricity bill. This will not have any effect on any cold weather payments you receive.
The eligibility criteria are broken down into two groups – the Core Group and the Broader Group.
If you get the Guarantee Credit element of Pension Credit you qualify for the discount if on 8th July 2018 all of the following applied:
- Your energy supplier was part of the scheme
- Your name (or your partners) was on the bill
- You were getting the Guarantee Credit element of Pension Credit (even if you get Savings Credit as well)
The DWP should write to you to advise you about this scheme however if you have not received anything then feel free to give us a call so we can help you claim.
If you are on low income you may be able to apply directly to your electricity supplier for help if you do not get the Guarantee Credit element of Pension Credit but the following apply:
- Your energy supplier is part of the scheme
- You're on a low income
- You get certain means-tested benefits
To get the discount you will need to stay with your supplier until it is paid.
The qualifying benefits for the Broader Group
One item from both of the lists below must apply to you:
- Employment support allowance
- Jobseeker allowance
- Universal credit
- Child tax credits,
- You have free school meals for children born before 1st April 2021 or your income is below £16,190 per year.
- A child under the age of 5 as at 1st April 2018
- A child in full-time education born after 1st April 2000
- Have a limited capability for work element (on ESA or Universal credit)
- Receive either Housing benefit or Housing element for your rent.
If you would like further information or to put in a claim, please contact the Money Solutions Officer for your area and have the name of your supplier and your account number ready.
For the Carmarthenshire area, please call Emma Rees on 07773316151, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the Swansea area, please call Philip Burge on 07811990799, or email email@example.com.