Advice & Support Sources

With energy prices increasing you may find you need support to budget for the most important costs in your life like rent, food, and heating. You will find sources to guidance here but you can also speak to our money solutions workers for money advice.

Energy Price Increase

As you know energy prices are rising rapidly and many Gas, Electric and Water charges have increased sharply. We are taking steps to minimise these increases, including working with energy companies to fix energy prices. However, we have not been able to prevent this affecting some service charges and personal charges.

We know this is already a difficult time for many people. If you are having difficulties or are worried about managing your bills, and would like support with budgeting, income maximisation, benefit and grant options, there is help available on top of existing winter fuel payments:

1. Warm Home Discount

If you receive Pension Credit or are on a low income, you could be entitled to an extra payment. If you qualify automatically, you should automatically receive a letter between October and December, or you can contact your energy supplier directly. See here for more details.

2. Winter fuel Support Scheme

Eligible households can claim a one-off £200 payment from their local council. The money is to provide support towards paying fuel bills but is only open until 28 Feb. This scheme is open to households where one member is in receipt of certain benefits, between 1 Dec 2021 and 31 Jan 2022. If you qualify and are paying Council Tax you should be contacted by your local authority directly but you can contact them directly if you want more information.

3.Energy Bill Discount Scheme

The Government also announced recently that domestic energy customers will receive a £200 cash discount on their bills this Autumn. This will be paid back automatically over five years, starting from 2023-24, when prices are expected to come down.


There may also be other ways in which you can get help so if you are concerned about any financial issues please contact our experienced Money Solution Workers, who will be happy to help you:

·Emma Rees for Carmarthenshire: 07773316151,

·Phil Burge for Swansea and NPT: 07811990799,

·Swansea Support team (for tenants over 50): 01792 790887

You can also get in touch with the below benefit and energy advice services: