You might be eligible for a warm home discount that will give you a one-off payment of £140 off your electricity bill ( this will not have any effect on any cold weather payments you will receive)
The eligibility criteria are broken down into two groups - Core group & the Broader group
If you get the Guarantee Credit element of Pension Credit you qualify for the discount if on 8th July 2018 all of the following applied:
- Your energy supplier was part of the scheme
- Your name (or your partners) was on the bill
- You were getting the Guarantee Credit element of Pension Credit (even if you get Savings Credit as well)
The DWP should write to you to advise you about this scheme however if you have not received anything then feel free to give us a call so we can help you claim.
If you're on low income you may be able to apply directly to your electricity supplier for help if you do not get the Guarantee Credit element of Pension Credit but the following apply:
- Your energy supplier is part of the scheme
- You're on a low income
- You get certain means-tested benefits
To get the discount you will need to stay with your supplier until it is paid.
The qualifying benefits are:-
- Employment support allowance
- Jobseeker allowance
- Universal credit
- Child tax credits,
- You have free school meals for children born before 1st April 2010 or your income is below £16,190 per year.
You will need to receive one of the above plus one on the list below:
- A child under the age of 5 as at 1st April 2018
- A child in full-time education born after 1st April 2000
- Have a limited capability for work element (on ESA or Universal credit)
- Receive either Housing benefit or Housinelementmt for your rent.
If you would like to have further information or indeed claim, please contact our Money Solutions Officers for your area and have the name of your supplier and your account number ready.
For the Carmarthenshire area please call Emma Rees at 07773316151 or email email@example.com
For the Swansea area please call Philip Burge at 07811990799 or email firstname.lastname@example.org